One of our favorite things at Disney was taking part in the Jedi Training Academy. Hunter and Connor were able to get trained only moments before a surprise visit from the Dark Side.
And guess what! My boys won!!! The two Darths were forced to retreat. Amazing.
They fought the evil empire and defeated the darkness! Those light sabers were swinging!
It made for a great review of Psalms 23 that night as we read, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in need. He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me besides quiet waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the way of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil, for You are with me!..."
As fun and fictictious as these Star Wars characters and movies are, it was a tangible example to my boys and to me, too, that God is far greater than any scary guy, even the devil.... And how God is always with us.... And how God can give us the power to accomplish even the impossible.
That's real. And I'm so glad it is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment