
It has been a forever dream of mine to find a sand dollar. That may sound funny, but I have always wanted to find one of these things! They seemed so rare and so beautiful. I've strolled the beaches in Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Mexico, Israel, and California and NEVER found a single one. I've only found live ones--- Echinarachnius parma swimming in the water beneath my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. I've looked all hours of the day---even early in the morning in search of these, to no avail.
My day finally came. To my surprise, while enjoying the beach one afternoon last month in Encinitas, California with my family, i strolled right in front of this beautiful sand dollar. I couldn't believe it. How could I search and search for one of these all my life, and then just happen upon it?! Isn't that the way it goes, sometimes!
I was always fascinated by the design of this sea creature. God just amazes me with His creation! If you've ever heard the Legend of the Sand Dollar, you'll remember that this poem describes some of the attributes of the sand dollar that remind us of Christ. For instance, the sand dollar has a big star, like the one the wise men followed to find Jesus. The four holes represent the four holes that Jesus received as he was pierced in his side with a spear, and nailed in both of His hands and feet. Finally, the sand dollar reminds me that Jesus paid my debt for me.
I was such a great experience for me to find this "sand dollar" that I wanted to share it with someone else. I gave it away as a reminder to that person of God's love. It felt really good to share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment